eBay always has lots of vintage sweaters and ponchos for sale. . . .

Fran

Dianne & Greg Stucki wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lavolta Press" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Historical Costume" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, September 25, 2005 6:04 PM
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Current day fashion magazines

.  I adore ponchos, not the classic diamond "ethnic" ones so

much, but the retangular-across ones and the ones with interesting drapes; especially knitted and crocheted ones.

My best buy EVER from a thrift store was a poncho. It was red and blue marled sweater knit, with a deep navy cowl neck and long navy fringe, and it came to my knees. It was perfect for spring and fall, and I adored it. I wore it to death. If I ever found another, I would snatch it up in an instant. I paid all of $7.50, and it was the most expensive thing I ever bought at that store. (This was the same store where I bought my wool cloak for $5.00)

Dianne