----- Original Message ----- From: "Jacqueline Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Historical Costume" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2005 5:12 PM
Subject: Re: [h-cost] "puffed sleeves"

What Anne so dearly longs for is "leg o' mutton" sleeves. Just google it.
The Anne books take place from the late 1890's all the way to 1919 with
Rilla of Ingleside so the fashions are fairly easy to figure out for these
books. I am an ardent L.M.Montgomery fan.

Bice

I just saw the Anne of Green Gables movie last week--the old 30's one with "Anne Shirley" starring in it. I was watching eagerly for the "puffed sleeves" part--I was so disappointed with their depiction. (AND they made Diana Barry a blonde! A sacrilege!)

Dianne