Oh you lucky girl!  I couldn't believe the selection of fabric available. Some
of the shops reminded me of chinatown shops everything stacked as high as
possible.  First time I bought fabric by the pound very interesting. I didn't
get rid of my stash before I went so I couldn't buy much. I can hardly wait
till next year so I can go again and this time I'm going to make sure I have
lots of room.  The fabric district is between St. Laurent and avenue du parc
about 7700 to 9200.  Try this link for some cheap ideas??
http://www.montrealmirror.com/ARCHIVES/2002/assg/assg5.html

While I was there the university had a book sale but it was total chaos.  We
were lucky and got a three day pass that covered all our metro plus museums.
Because we were going to be there several weeks I also got an Entertainment
coupon book so we could try lots of different restaurants cheap.  I got several
pamphlets from Quebec tourism including maps and places to shop etc. these are
free for the asking. When planning I usually contact the tourism or commerce of
the town or area.  They usually have great coupons for attractions and other
info like the metro/museum passes. The museum pass I think got you into 21 or
more museums for free but were only for sale for a short time.

I couldn't believe how many restaurants just sold hot dogs some as cheap as
3/$100.  Take out lunch isn't chinese or pizza it's hot dogs.

Edith

"Jeanine E. Swick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'll be in Montreal the week following Thanksgiving. What would be some
good sites/museums to visit? Costuming, unique fabric, books....

Jeanine