Quoting michaela <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

*snippage*

Got 'em!  I knew that I had pictures of those sleeves.  :-)  Both of
these paintings are in the new book "Moda a Firenze" on the influence
of Eleanor of Toledo.  The book covers Florentine Style from 1540-1580.
It's *wonderful*  My copy of the book isn't here yet, (I fondled an ILL
copy) but the best place that I found to get it was from this site in
Italy.

Sigh, I so need to get this book out on ILL. I "do" German and Netherlands,
but it's always exciting to see good clear images from other countries as
well.

 http://tinyurl.com/byswr
 http://tinyurl.com/dunbm

Thanks for those:) Actually I spotted a few more in that style on bildindex.
I did a search for bildnis with the date ranges 1500 - 1600 and trawled
through over 3000 images;)

Cool.  I haven't figured out how to search that site yet.  At one time,
I was pointed to an enormous collection of Sofonisba Anguissola
paintings there, but everything that I pull up on her now from that
site  has much fewer paintings.  How did you set up your search?

http://www.bildindex.de/bilder/be00068a05a.jpg
Niederlande?, Bildnis der Lavinia Fontana, 1501/1600?, Bild, Brüssel,
Sammlung unbekannt

I like Lavinia.  :-)  the gown is black, the underskirt is gold, and
those are pearls on her sleeves.

http://www.bildindex.de/bilder/mi00235e12a.jpg
Bronzino, Agnolo (Zuschreibung), Bildnis einer Dame, Bild, Berlin, Sammlung
Schmidt, Carl (?)

One very similar to this on is in the book (attributed to Pulzone) --
looks like the same face.  The body of the gown looks like it might be
needlepoint or cross-stitch in the book image.

http://www.bildindex.de/bilder/koeln_2577027b.jpg
Bronzino, Agnolo (Nachahmer), Bildnis einer Frau / Bildnis einer Frau
(Bianca Capello?), Bild, Köln, Wallraf-Richartz-Museum, WRM 3473

There's one similar to this by Allori.  The sleeve puffs are different
-- in the Allori portrait, they're not lined up.  The fabric in the
Allori portrait is black with a gold stripe in it.

http://www.bildindex.de/bilder/it00148g08a.jpg
Bronzino, Agnolo, Bildnis einer adeligen Dame, Bild, Florenz, Galleria degli
Uffizi, Pinacoteca
Ya, got me, she's not at all dressed the smae;) I just like her partlet.

This one is in color in the book.  Isn't that partlet just too cool?

Susan
-----
Susan Farmer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]