I am gearing up for my visit to the Met to document their 16th century
Sicilian Bride underpinning collection and a pair of chopines. I had to
delay from my original date of the 5th - I would be just coming down
from my high right about now, had I gone when I was supposed to. But,
life jumped up and got in the way...
<snip for length>
So, knowing that we have the time to go into dramatic detail, and
wanting to maximise said time, I am trolling for additional questions to
my own. This is also my first time doing something like this, so I am
fairly sure I haven't thought of everything.
<snip>
Kathy

OHMYGOD!  I am green with envy :).

Any color pics would be great, references for colors will be fantastic.
 Pics of the embroidery w/ something to put it in scale would also be
very much appreciated.  How about pics of the reverse side as well?  And
best estimates on types of embroidery stitches used?  Close-ups of the
construction seams and how they are stitched would also be good.

Enjoy the 'high' and thanks for being willing to share :).

Catherine