Thanks for the responses! I have another question, though. How is the skirt
constructed for this period? Does the fullness still go in the back, like in
Elizabethan times? I suppose I could borrow Patterns of Fashion or something.
::Looks hopefully at Dawn::

Albertcat, thanks for the overview. I had noticed the scarf through the
buttonhole in other drawings too. I  think it's very dapper, but I don't think
I'll be wearing a scarf, so that's probably out.

I'm also not planning to do the train, but just out of curiosity, would it have
been part of the skirt with the bands across the front, or a separate overskirt?

Yes, that is her mask in her right hand. I have to confess that I'm going to
wear this outfit as a pirate costume, so I'm not worried if it's a masque
costume or not. Does anyone know where to get a cheap but good-looking flint
lock pistol prop? Or a falchion? I just saw a show on the History Channel about
early firearms. Would this be a matchlock rifle she's got?

Thanks!

Tea Rose

P.S. I love where my underwear question has gone! I learn so much from you guys!