Cynthia V & other h-costumers:
Thought you might enjoy this pic forwarded to me from a friend.  It's
very much like the "Fram Air Filter" hat seen in a Rogier van der
Weyden's Madelena seen here:
http://pintoresfamosos.juegofanatico.cl/images/van_der_weyden/magdalena.jpg
Like the original sender, If find it amusing to compare the Madelena &
the local mayorial candidates politicians.
PS. for non-US folks, the "Fram" reference is to a car part formerly
made in the US.
--cin
Cynthia Barnes
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi guys...  I know I've had a discussion about a weird period hat with
some people, but I'm not sure which of you I've discussed it with
(maybe someone else...).  In any case, I thought you both might be
interested.  <snip>...  In today's Mercury News, there's a photo of
two guys sucking up to the  Vietnamese vote in San Jose, and they're
wearing "traditional Vietnamese garb" -- including hats that look a
_lot_ like the one I was mentioning above.  They're
out of some kind of brocade rather than the linen that the 15th c. one
looks like it's made of, but...  Here's a url for the story; the
picture is part way down on the left side:

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/politics/elections/13802934.
htm

It just seemed to me that if one found out how the Vietnamese hats were
done it might offer some ideas for the 15th c. ones, too.

Hope this is of some use...  If anyone knows an address for Cynthia du
Pres Argent, she might be interested too.
--Matt