Quoting otsisto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

I'm not sure I understand the tree. Is the woman standing the matriarch of
the family and the couple sitting at the bottom of the drawing brother and
sister or are they the parents and the woman standing the featured
descendent?

The tree?  *giggle*  I've never even tried to figure out the tree!  I
need to see if I can print a copy large enough to read the names --
then it might work.

Not as wild as the Swabian.

I suppose! :-) The Swabians do like their beads/pearls, don't they! There's a painting by Part that is very similar

I thought that it was Myra that had the whole thing, but she does have
some of the pieces parts here
http://myra.hem.nu/costume/CostumeGallery/Embroidery_1490/Embroidery_1490.htm
Found it!
http://www.aeiou.at/aeiou.encyclop.b/b003177.htm

I like the blue dress on the woman just above and to the right of the
standing woman. She has an interesting fan.
Then again the blue and red to the lower left of the woman's black sleeves
are interesting.

I love these things.  I forget now how many leaves there were
originally, I know that at least one of them was never inked in -- but
they are a *wealth* of detail!

Thank you for the picture.

Hey, as packrat of interesting (but not always useful) information, I
feel it's part of my duty to pass it along!

:-D

Susan
-----
Susan Farmer