At 8:27 PM -0500 2/24/06, Catherine Olanich Raymond wrote:
On Friday 24 February 2006 8:05 pm, Beth and Bob Matney wrote:
 > I have been cataloging my reference collection on librarything.

Using what for time?  When I retire, maybe.

I'm also a LibraryThing fan, though I did maybe two batches of books a while ago and haven't gotten back to it.

The great thing about it is that it DOESN'T take much time because you don't have to enter ALL the information on 99% of the books. It will look them up for you! All I've needed to type in is the titles, and it pulls them right up.

I do plan to back up the list on my own computer once it bears some resemblance to my actual library -- I haven't been systematic about it. It sounds like it will be in a format that I'll be able to import into FileMaker (or MS Access) so I'll have my own database.

Since I hate having to look up and type ALL the information about a book every @#$%! time I cite it, this site is _wonderful_.