In a message dated 3/27/2006 10:44:19 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

The  pattern for this gown is in Norah Waughs Cut of Womens Clothes diagram
XXXIV Open Gown c. 1795.

Yes, and please note that, strictly speaking, this is not Regency  period. We
already discussed on this list that, as Jane Austen first wrote  the book in
the 1790s (although it was published later), evidently the designer  opted to
costume it in this period.  While technically, the English Regency  was
1811-1820, I think most of us who interpret this period think of the styles
being
fairly similar from about 1800 on.  The 1790s was more a transition  period
from 18th century to the full-blown Neo-classical styes.

Ann Wass