Hi everyone,
I'm helping a friend to fit an early 16th century Venetian bodice (what's often referred to as the 'Italian ren' style) and I want it to support her bust without a bra so I'm basically working from Robin's worksheets to get an idea of how to do that (though it's obviously somewhat different to suit the different style of bodice). My question is about the point after the lining is fitted and you've now got a shape you can trace to cut a second layer, or even a new bodice. If you're tracing that shape onto a piece of paper (so you don't have to go through the fitting process again next time) do you have to wait a while for the fabric to shrink back into it's normal cold shape or can you trace the pieces as soon as you take it off? I also thought that maybe you need to take it a step further and put it through the wash (after finishing the edges of course) to get it back to it's normal size. I've made this style of bodice for myself but I forgot to trace my final pieces onto a paper pattern to re-use them later so this wasn't an issue.
thanks
Elizabeth