    I haven't tried that technique, but it's fairly simple.

As someone who's done a lot of cording, it's a simple principle, but sigh, it's not quite as easy as it looks. Especially when it comes to keeping the channels perfectly parallel on a curve! It's also extremely hard to keep the wrinkles out of your work. A complex pattern like that one would probably be a LOT easier to embroider than do in trapunto (and more fun).

On the other hand, I just read something saying that trapunto (or a similar technique) goes back at least as far as 1485, and possibly back to the 14thC, so I may have to get into it!

-E House