The problem with Joann's and Hancock had to face is the amount of people sewing have drastically reduced over the years. All of our Joann's closed up about five or so years ago while they were in bankruptcy. The problem about location is that most of Hancock were built three or more decades ago. Most were in a good location at the time. Now that traffic patterns have changed in most cities, their once good location is no longer easy to access or in a good neighborhood.

I have lived in our location 20 years. The only Hancock to close was a Hancock Warehouse store. Which was huge and had the biggest selection I have every seen. It closed about 10 years ago. All the other fabric stores closed a long time ago. We used to have a really nice chain fabric store called Piece Goods. Its been gone a for long time.

I never liked the Joann's when it was here. It was more like Michael's Craft than a fabric store.

Penny Ladnier,
Owner
www.costumegallery.com
www.costumelibrary.com