To: <h-costume@mail.indra.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2006 9:10 PM
Subject: [h-cost] Charging for sewing

Dear Listees,
I have been asked by some folks to make some costumes for them. Problem is,
I've only worked in community theatre before and that doesn't pay anything
(about $300 per show). For those of you that do sewing as a business, how
much do you charge for sewing? Do you charge by the job or the hour? Any
help in this would be greatly appreciated.
Sharon C.

Young lovers seek perfection,
Old lovers learn the art of sewing shreds together
And of seeing beauty in a multiplicity of patches

                   - "How To Make An American Quilt"