You want Costume Close-Up, Linda Baumgartner, published by Colonial
Williamsburg.  Patterns plus the "how-to".  Color pictures showing
what tailors really want to see.
--cin
Cynthia Barnes
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Today I volunteered to participate in a program involving BenFranklin. I
also volunteered to sew his costume and mine. I have until March to get this
done so I am not in a huge rush. However, the lady who asked me to do it
KNOWS I do medieval garb and am slowly "loosing" my not-period-correct garb
and replacing it with better quality stuff. She is really wanting to do
period correct for this show. I can't sew without a pattern. Can anyone
recommend a really good pattern for a man's outfit and for a maid (my part)
? A quick look on the internet turned up The Towsend catalog website, does
anyone know if their patterns are period correct?

My thanks in advance,
Lisa in MT