> I have finally found a propper picture to show. This is a painting of the
> view over the thames. Its from the mid century. You can clearly see that
> the
> ladies dresses dont have the sack backed trains in the back. I have seen
> this type of dress in many danish paintings two, yeat this type of dress
> is
> never spoken of in any history books.
> So i ask you!
> Please take a look at this painting wich i uploaded, it is cropped just to
> show the persons, and its ben magnified a lot, so its not the best
> quality.
> What is this dress called? Is it bodice and skirt, or is the skirt
> attached
> to the bodice?
> I am so curious to hear what you think!
>
> http://www.my-drewscostumes.dk/thames.htm

To me it looks like a version of the "Anglaise" style dress.  Or am I
missing something?

If they are Anglaise dresses, then the skirt is attached to the bodice,
they close in the front with small straight pins, and the bottom of the
bodice comes to a point in the front and back.  The skirt is also pleated
to the bodice all the way around.

Hope that helps!

Diana

www.RenaissanceFabrics.net
"Everything for the Costumer"

"Become the change you want to see in the world."
--Ghandi