At 13:56 29/11/2006, you wrote:
Hi,
Sorry i keep on with this subjekt, i managed to get the fine linnen from my old embroidery shop. The linnen is very very fine and transparent, and i wondered could i use this for trimmings two on gowns, in stead of silk gauge?

Bjarne

I've never seen linen trimming a silk gown, whereas there are several gowns in collections with silk gauze. Silk organza makes a good substitute, also tulle.

The V and A has a dress with gauze, and so does the Chester County collection, I think - "Fitting and Proper" book. (Mind you that might be "Costume Closeup" - I am using all of them right now for a sacque I am making.)

Suzi