On Thu, 14 Dec 2006, Beth and Bob Matney wrote:

> After all the talk about books that are delayed in publication, I thought
> that I'd mention one that I've just got in today. Has anyone else seen it?
>
> Beth
>
> Gilding the Market: Luxury and Fashion in Fourteenth-Century Italy by Susan
> Mosher Stuard 336 pages | 6 1/8 x 9 1/4 | 14 color, 10 b/w illus. Cloth Dec
> 2005 | ISBN 0812239008
> http://www.upenn.edu/pennpress/book/14208.html

We have a review of it in our upcoming volume of MC&T. Our reviewer liked
it. It apparently has a social/economic focus but uses everything from
sumptuary laws to visual arts as sources. Yet another great resource for
people studying Italian clothing ... after Moda i Firenze, Dressing
Renaissance Florence, and so many others. I picked the wrong part of
Europe to focus on, apparently.

--Robin