In a message dated 1/4/2007 11:29:29 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Perhaps  25% of brides were getting married in the evening instead of during

the day.

*****************

I didn't mean that to sound as snarky as it does....forgive me.

But it does make me think....

Where might the bride be going after the wedding? To the train station to
commence the honeymoon? To a big whoop-de-do dinner after the ceremony? How
might that affect things?
It's not 'til like the 1830's that special wedding dresses come into play  in
the 1st place, isn't it?

Remember in "Age of Innocence" [1870's] it was expected that May should
again wear her wedding dress at least once in the 1st year of marriage. She
wears
it to the opera, so it was no day dress.

For "Nicholas Nickleby" the idea of a sleeveless dress for any occasion at
all is strange. Was this the film that came out a couple of years ago. That
thing had some of the worst, laziest costuming I've ever seen! The 8 hour
stage
production on film from the 1980's has much superior  costumes.