At 11:06 PM 5/8/2007, you wrote:

Does anyone know of any treasure troves of linens, embroidery, Irish crochet, or exhibits of costume in any of the places I've mentioned? And not all our itinerary is set in stone yet. If there are any tourist spots that shouldn't be missed, I'd welcome all recommendations!

Thanks,
Kathy

I heard of a linen mill or lace factory on the Dingle peninsula somewhere, but didn't have time to look for it while we were there. There is also a indoor shopping mall in Cork, the Savoy Centre, on Patrick St. They used to have (five years ago) a cotton/linen shop there as well as a few other boutiques with handmade jewelry and local artisan's work.

Have a great time. It's a beautiful area. Just an fyi, if you intend to go to Skellig, get there very early. There is only one boat per day, and it leaves pretty early.

Genie