ER...  Bayreuth being near Nuremberg.   Well, they are in much the same way
that LA is close to San Francisco.  Always remember that any "short-cut"
that takes you off the Autobahn will double your travel time :-)

Regina (who lived there many years and just came back from a visit to what
had always been "East Germany" when she was there before)