I know this is a costume email list but I am unaware of any fashion design lists (if someone knows of one, please fill me in). I believe a few of you teach fashion as well as costume, and I'm looking for a book that is specifically related to the subject of designing fashion commercially. Not the theory behind design, not rendering, but the actual steps taken by a commercial fashion designer when designing a line or collection of clothes for a manufacturer. I'm teaching a class on the costume and fashion industries and most of my experience is in theatrical costuming. I have a great book already on the fashion industry and all its facets, but I want to outline the entire procedure a clothing fashion designer takes and I've only worked in the garment industry as a patternmaker. Anyone know of such a work?

Sylrog