For the 14th c. I would go with a gabardine or worsted twill, actually, unless you can find a lightweight woolen. Layers, rather than one heavy garment, are the way to go here (and accurate for the period!).

For Fashion Fabrics Club, keywords are "100% wool" and then "suiting", "gabardine", "worsted", "twill", and perhaps "flannel". Skip the tricotine--that way lies madness and tears. On fabric.com, look for wool gabardine and wool suiting. Those are my two favorite fabric sites.

For fulling, well, it depends on the fabric. Some are treated and some aren't, and that part isn't always obvious until you've washed it. I find that woolens are more likely to full than worsteds, in my experience.

Jen/pixel