On Oct 23, 2007, at 2:34 PM, Helen Pinto wrote:

The painting is "The Meeting of Mary and Elisabeth" by Max Reichlich, Austrian, ca 1513. It's up on Web Gallery of Art. I was interested in the jug and the beverage flask, but the fetuses doing the meet-and-greet between the pregnant bellies are what made the picture really memorable...

I have to admit, it's the only one I've seen where it looks like the babies are giving each other "high-fives"!

O    Chris Laning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - Davis, California
+     http://paternoster-row.org - http://paternosters.blogspot.com