Hello all, I'm delurking for the first time in a loooong time. It's lovely to have time to post and benefit from the great collective wisdom that is h-costume.

My current sort of project combines two in one - what I'm making *is* the dummy! I was reading an article online about cheap ways to make dummies at home - I'm sure someone kind can supply the name of the online sewing magazine - could it be Threads? - and thought that would be a good idea, since I've never had one, don't like the adjustable ones, and am sick of trying to pin a toile's back seams while I'm wearing it. So I'm trying the brown framers paper method. My boyfriend had a wonderful expression when I told him I need his help to wrap my bust in wet paper. He's pretty busy at the moment to help but I hope to get it done before Christmas so I can start making lovely things to put on it.

Cheers, Hilary