[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Good evening to all of you and hope my series of questioning doesn't seem silly but for some reason I am still having trouble trying to decypher the difference between an amateur costumer (myself, one who has a general knowledge of a topic) and one who is a serious costumer, or professional.

A professional costumer is someone who loves costuming so much they're willing to work for far less money than they're worth so they don't have to do something else. It often involves a lot of production grunt-work making higher-margin dull and functional items so one can afford the time spent on fancy artistic projects.

An amateur costumer is anyone who does it for the fun and the art, regardless of skill level, without looking for financial compensation. Amateurs also can choose to only do the fun projects.

Frankly, I find the drain on my finances from paying for my own fabric to be far more acceptable than the inability to pay the rent that too often comes with an artistic profession. Besides, I actually like my well-paying tech job.

andy