I would be very curious to know how many of us on the list are now into BJDs. How many of us got into them because of the possibilities for costuming them? I know when I talked my husband into letting me get my first girl (a Limhwa half-elf) I swore it would be my only doll and I wanted her so that I could make her all the costumes I wanted to do but couldn't make for myself for various reasons. One year later and I have four dolls, two floating heads (it was five until this past weekend - I just sold my Bobobie Sprite), and my husband Michael has his first doll on layaway. My friend Heather doesn't call it "dollycrack" for nothing. ;-)

However, back to costuming, they really are ideal for it, with the single drawback, of the bodies being non-malleable so that when making underpinnings such as stays, it can be difficult to create the correct the look even when using them. Once I'm done my current sewing commitments, I get to go back to work on my 18th century stuff for my girls.

Cheers,
Danielle