I'm thinking #14 would be more Hungarian than Polish-- I've never seen such
aprons on a Polish costume-- But in truth I fear the task will be made that
much more difficult by the liberties taken by the artist. For example the red
strapless front-lace bustier garment in #14  is sheer invention...

My guesses:
1 Greek (ancient)
2 Scottish sword dance
3 Dutch (the shoes!)
4 Aztec or Inca
5 Siam? Balinese?
6 Germany-- those are Lederhosen for sure
7 hmm... they seem to be holding boomerangs... Maori?
8 Siam? Balinese?
9 ancient Egypt
10  American Indian (am useless with further differentiation other than in
general Plains)
11 some sort of Far Araby... that's a eunuch if ever I saw one, and those bare
breasts and thin girl vs. enormous and slightly sinister man seem right out of
Arabian Nights fantasy
12 Japan
13 definitely Russia
14 generic Slavic or Hungarian (not sure Polish would have been depicted....as
a nation Poland had just come out of over a century of non-existence, though it
did briefly exist again as a sovereign nation in the 20s so maybe it was in
vogue...)
15 Italy? the tambourine and his breeches....
16 Polynesian
17 hmmm... the horizontally striped apron is distinctive, but no idea.

Astrida Schaeffer, Assistant Director
The Art Gallery, University of New Hampshire
Paul Creative Arts Center
30 College Road
Durham, NH 03824-3538
603-862-0310