From: Suzanne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 1:03 pm
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Help! Please! Cultural Dancers in Costumes

Oh, my.  Tastes in art have certainly changed over the last 100
years... ;-)

Here's my take on the countries:  #1 - ancient Greece; #4 - Aztec; #5
- Bali (Indonesia?); #7 - Aboriginal Australia; #8 - North Africa;
#14 - Hungary; #15 - Italy (Sicily?); #17 - Czech or Slovak (or
Bohemian, if that's the term they used in the 1920s).  I'd also add
that #9 is of course *ancient* Egypt, and I'm not seeing Turkish in
#11 but I don't know *what* it is [might be some strange version of
India].  And #6 could be Swiss...?

As far as as the dances go, my first reactions were: tango, waltz,
minuet, schottische or polka.  But I'm no expert -- and none of those
are "American-born" so I don't know what the artist was getting at.

Your photos did turn out well!  It must have been frustrating working
around all the people but you got some good images.
Good luck with the titles, and let us know how it turns out.
Suzanne