60,000 is a reasonable audience for some books, especially if there are
also other markets. However, for many academic books, libraries are a
very large and important market, sometimes the main market. Libraries
are overall more likely customers than consumers, for some books.

I should add, for anyone who thinks that if they just put out an e-book
on the net and the world will beat a path to their door, that only about
15% of book sales are currently made on the Internet. You have to sell
books in the marketing climate of right now, not in one that may, or may
not, exist in some years.

Fran
Lavolta Press
http://www.lavoltapress.com