Thanks Katy, you made it easy for me!
Yes this is the dress i was speaking of.

Bjarne

----- Original Message -----
From: "Katy Bishop" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Historical Costume" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 10:23 PM
Subject: Re: [h-cost] crochet 18th C

I believe the dress in question is pictured on the MET museum site (I
just found my copy of the book to look it up).

It is featured on the first page on their highlights from the collection
page.

Dress (Robe à la Française), 1740s
British; Country of Origin England
Harris B. Dick Fund, 1995 (1995.235a, b)

http://www.metmuseum.org/works_of_art/collection_database/index.aspx?dep=8&vw=0

Here is a link to the page for the dress:

http://www.metmuseum.org/works_of_art/collection_database/the_costume_institute/Dress_Robe_a_la_Fran_aise/ViewObject.aspx?depNm=the_costume_institute&pID=1&kWd=&OID=80001010&vW=0&Pg=1&St=5&StOd=1&vT=2

You can zoom in,it is very unusual trim, not what everyone thinks of
as trim from that period.  very interesting.  I wish the zoom was a
bit more closeup!  There's a detail in the book of the fly fringe.

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 2:17 PM, Leif og Bjarne Drews
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> When tomorrow it is lighter, i shall photograph the dress from the book
> and
>  post it for you all to see. It looks authentic to me!
>
>  Bjarne

Katy Bishop, Vintage Victorian
[EMAIL PROTECTED] www.VintageVictorian.com
 Custom reproduction gowns of the Victorian Era.
 Publisher of the Vintage Dress Series books.