This isn't really a historical costume question, but it's been ages
since I belonged to a general sewing/patternmaking email list.   If
anyone knows of one that currently exists, I'd appreciate a link.

My question concerns a jacket I am patterning and making for myself.
Actually, I am using a couple commercial patterns and adapting them.
I have a 2 piece sleeve and a bodice with front and back princess seams
that end at the armhole.   I really can't adjust the front seam
downward any more than it already is and it isn't matching the front
sleeve seam.   The back seams don't match either but I've frequently
garments where they don't match in the back or they don't match in the
front but they match on the opposite side.  I know 2 piece sleeves are
often seen in 19th century onward women's garments so I thought I'd see
where you all stand on this issue.  Do you really think the seams need
to match on either the front or the back?

Sylvia