Me again!

It seems to be also a coif of some sort. It's also written crespine. I
don't know if we have the same crépine as the one you're looking for,
but in French, that's what it means.

However... logically, it comes from crêpe, or the verb crêper, which
can mean to ruffle or pleat in some instances, so I don't think it
would be far-fetched to think it could mean a crinoline or something
of the kind.

I wish I had dictionaries with me here!

Good luck!

Audrey