Hi all,
 I am giving a class soon (in the context of the SCA), entitled 'Cotes and
surcotes:
Alternatives to Cloaks'. The idea is to give a broad view of outerwear in
Western
Europe from the 13th to the 16th century, describing various alternatives to
cloaks
(which can be awkward and a bit useless if you're doing more than just sitting
around).

However, the 15th century is giving me a bit of trouble.

The 13th century is awash in various kinds of surcoats, many of
which carry through into the 14th, and the 16th century of course, has doublets
and
jerkins and cassocks and so on galore. But there seems to be nothing equivalent
in the 15th century, especially for women. This seems a little curious, given
that this was the start of the Little Ice Age, but then again, if one is
wearing a houppelande why would one need anything else? So my question to the
list is - am I missing something
here? Can anyone point me to some examples of 15th century outerwear?

Thanks,
Claire