Even though it is a canned letter, that doesn't mean it wasn't a reasoned
response, and it indicates that someone has done something.  One doesn't
always
get any kind of response.

Sorry, I just get really tired of constant Walmart bashing.  I don't  work
for them, don't own stock, etc.  But, to me, Walmart is the epitome of  the
American experience.  Sam Walton started with one single Ben Franklin  store
and
went from there.

I was disappointed when, in Mississippi, Walmart bought out Gaylord's and
didn't put in a fabric department, which, of course, Gaylord's didn't  have.
That was in the mid-1980s. I will be sad if they close ALL the  fabric
departments, but the "canned" letter makes it sound like they don't plan  to do
so, and
I'll add my voice to others and let them know how I  feel.

I've had an experience of needing a yard of ribbon at 11:00 at  night at
Walmart and not being able to find anyone to cut it.  (Of course,  how many
places
can you even shop for ribbon at 11:00 at night?)  But I've  had a dreadful
lack-of-customer-service experience at Hancock Fabrics,  too.  And the big
local
Super JoAnn's that opened in our area about ten  years ago got rid of all the
great exotic silks and wools within a couple of  years--I assume they just
didn't sell.

Alas, though, fabric stores in general just aren't doing that well, as
people aren't sewing as much.  I can only get to NY once a year, at most,  and
don't want to shop for everything on line--I'm too tactile for that, so  I'll
miss the local outlets if they all go away.  I live in the DC area,  and I have
seen a great decline in variety at G Street (and I don't think it is  just the
new generation running the place--I still think it boils down to PEOPLE
AREN'T SEWING AS MUCH.  During the last sale, I went with my additional 25%
off
coupon and had a hard time finding ANYTHING I wanted to buy.)

Okay, enough of my rant.

Ann Wass

Read reviews on AOL Autos.
(http://autos.aol.com/cars-BMW-128-2008/expert-review?ncid=aolaut00050000000017