Dianne wrote:
Oh yeah, and a flying monkey :).  I need to make him a little
vest......

Catherine>>

perk?

Flying monkey?

My SCA coat of arms is a winged monkey. Any clue where he came from?

No idea about Catherine's, but I think mine came from here:
        http://www.officeplayground.com/flyingmonkey.html
or possibly here:
        http://www.sciplus.com/singleItem.cfm/terms/14980

But there's a better selection and better prices at Amazon at the moment.

No wings on these, but they have nifty capes and masks ;-) You put your first two fingers into little pockets in the monkey's front paws, pull back on the back legs to make a sort of slingshot, and let go. The monkey goes flying, and emits a very satisfying shriek as it goes (and lands).

A note: Once in a while you get one that doesn't work right. It's worth buying them in pairs or groups, particularly if you're giving them to kids (as I was). Shop around and you'll find discounts on bundles. There are a number of versions out there, but the original was the SuperFlyMonkey, distinguished by their rainbow helmets:
        http://www.buysuperflymonkey.com

More than you *ever* wanted to know.

--Robin