On Thursday 01 January 2009 5:07:36 pm Suzi Clarke wrote:

> Catherine - the cap pattern is way too early for
> the time of Les Mis - 1840's I think. A version
> of it was worn by "Marianne" the symbol of the
> French Revolution AFAIK and came out again later
> in the 19th century.

You're right.  Sorry I missed the Les Mis reference.

La Fleur de Lyse sells 18th French patterns, among other things.  Perhaps the
cap they have in their pattern NFH 18001 would be useful:

http://pages.videotron.com/fldelyse/Patterns.html

--
Cathy Raymond <ca...@thyrsus.com>

"If someone offers you a dead dog for lunch, you don't stick around for the
pudding." --Ben "Yahtzee" Crenshaw