For the last two years I've been getting on-line catalogues of Sotheby's
Auctions.  You can sign up with them and get the catalogue to browse for
free.  The most recent one was for Old Master Paintings.  These aren't in
any museum (yet) and probably few if any Art books.  I suspect that I found
out about this service through this list, but just to let anyone else know
who has signed on recently.

https://www.sothebys.com/app/servlets/RegistrantServlet?action=login_registr
ant  will allow you to register to get these free browseable catalogues.  If
they aren't your field of interest you can just delete the message.  All
kinds of things.

I've been drooling over and picking at the latest sale of Old Master
Paintings.  It has a wonderful selection/zoom feature and you can find out
other things about the particular painting. Not all the good stuff is in
museums.  There are still plenty of items in private hands that aren't in
the books either.

Wanda Pease/Regina Romsey
An insult is like a drink, it can only
affect you if you accept it