Just my $0.05 worth...

I agree about doing up your own corset...... if your laces are long
enough (and they should be) just cross the laces over, hook them over
a door knob, face the door and then you can exert some pull on the
laces as you step backwards, working the laces from top to bottom...
putting on a corset should be an easy process... granted the
Elizabethan styles  that are laced right up to your shoulder blades
would be interesting to try......

Elizabeth, you are in Canberra?, where do you by you corset supplies
from (spiral steel and busks)?

Sidney
Brisbane