From: h-costume-boun...@indra.com [mailto:h-costume-boun...@indra.com] On
Behalf Of Sid Young
Sent: Tuesday, 24 February 2009 10:25 AM
To: Historical Costume
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Victorian corset on UK TV

Just my $0.05 worth...

I agree about doing up your own corset...... if your laces are long enough
(and they should be) just cross the laces over, hook them over a door knob,
face the door and then you can exert some pull on the laces as you step
backwards, working the laces from top to bottom...
putting on a corset should be an easy process... granted the Elizabethan
styles  that are laced right up to your shoulder blades would be interesting
to try......

Elizabeth, you are in Canberra?, where do you by you corset supplies from
(spiral steel and busks)?

Sidney
Brisbane