While I agree with Laura on how coifs were probably worn, there is some debate about who would have worn them and under what circumstances. In the 1570s, coifs were probably worn in public mostly by the middle and lower classes, not by the upper and noble classes. The very fancy ones that survive were probably home/ sleepwear. The only exception I can think of off-hand is Theophilia, wife of the 3rd Earl of Worcester (1567):
http://www.elizabethan-portraits.com/Theophila.jpg
Please note that she's also wearing a forehead cloth.

If you're doing an upper or noble class outfit, there is this one piece of evidence for coif-wearing, but you might be better served with a more formal type of headwear.

Melanie Schuessler