I'm going by what it looks like to me.
http://elizabethangeek.com/costumereview/images/13.jpg in that picture the
back shape looks like the QEI picture except this one covers the ears.
According to the site that you just linked me to, it says later period
french hoods are more often referred to as billiments because the hood
itself had gotten so small.

http://elizabethangeek.com/costumereview/images/48.jpg This one doesn't
cover the ears and you can see the crescent nicely.  It's pictures like
that, that make me say french hood.