--- On Wed, 6/17/09, Maggie <maggi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just as a sidebar... notice that there are NO rings on the
> middle fingers.
> Look at portrait after 16th century portrait and this is
> what you find 90%
> of the time. and not just in England. People are almost
> never shown with a
> ring on a middle finger.

I had noticed that a few years ago when I started keeping images, and I've only
once come across a portrait that showed someone wearing a ring on that
finger... and sadly forgot to save the image off so I don't have it. If anyone
knows of any contemporary portrait that shows someone wearing a ring on their
middle finger, do let me know.

And thanks for the book note, as I've not read it before.

Kimiko