On Jun 27, 2009, at 4:24 PM, Sharon Collier wrote:

Thank you! When you say you use the cap construction, is the crown part larger than the band in circumference or the same? Your picture is exactly what I want to do, but I can't tell construction details from the photo.

The crown is a bit bigger than the band in circumference, and it's pleated in (you could also gather it). If the crown was the same size as the band, it would be more like a modern pillbox. If you make the crown too big, it ends up looking like a floppy chef hat! You may have to experiment to get the right ratio.

Good luck,
Melanie Schuessler