From: Sylvia Rognstad <syl...@ntw.net>
To: Historical Costume <h-cost...@indra.com>
Sent: Sat, Jul 4, 2009 3:06 am
Subject: [h-cost] 1960s hippie fashions

Here's a question for those (like me) old-timers out there. I may be going to a
1960s hippies style event and if so, need to wear a costume. My recollection
isn't so good. Remember what they said: "If you can remember it, you weren't
really there"? Anyhow, I'm trying to remember when long skirts and dresses came
in. I can only recall wearing them in the 1970s, but my legs, not being what
they used to be, definitely do not want to be seen in a mini skirt, which is
all I can remember wearing in the late 60s. Along with bell bottom pants, of
course, which is an option, but I prefer a dress.?
?
What do you early boomers recall??
?
Sylvia R?