Just for the record...

Male dress codes abound too.

At Prep school, we boys had to wear a coat and tie to class and dinner.
Freshmen had to wear a black tie. No jeans were allowed so we resorted to the
ubiquitous navy blazer, grey or khaki pants and some kind of striped
tie.....just like today! Then around 1970 the denim blazer came out! We were
praising little baby Jesus because now we could wear jeans with our denim
blazers to class.

I remember tying all my ties and hanging them on the bed post so I could
just grab one and run to class.

My Junior year,  coats and ties were no longer required  except for Sunday
sit down dinner at one's advisor's table. But still no  T-shirts to class!
Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222585089x1201462806/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=Jul
yExcfooterNO62)