Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 11:24:34 -0500 (CDT)
From: vbe...@gower.net
Subject: Re: [h-cost] visiting eastern USA - recommendations of
        thingstosee?[SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
To: "Historical Costume" <h-cost...@indra.com>

I've misplaced the original message, so I don't know how far you are
planning to get into Virginia, but you might want to consider the Museum
of American Frontier Culture at Staunton in the Shenandoah Valley.  They
have structures and interpreters from the 1600s and 1700s from England,
Ireland, Germany, and West Africa, culminating in an 1850s American
homestead.

Vicki Betts

> We hope to get to Plimoth and Jamestown reenactment villages but are
> looking for other places of interest to see - historical or
> costume-related, but not as late period as the Civil War.
>
> Any recommendations?
>

> The Smithsonian in Washington DC springs to mind.  Or all of DC,
really.

> Dianne

End of h-costume Digest, Vol 8, Issue 240

------
If you have received this transmission in error please notify us immediately by
return e-mail and delete all copies. If this e-mail or any attachments have
been sent to you in error, that error does not constitute waiver of any
confidentiality, privilege or copyright in respect of information in the e-mail
or attachments.

------