From: Melanie Wilson <melaniewil...@dragonflight.co.uk>
To: Historical Costume <h-cost...@indra.com>
Sent: Fri, Jul 31, 2009 11:23 am
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Regency Low stomacher

Hi Ann?
?
Thanks for the image, the waistband tied behind in the same fabric is one of
the thoughts I had.?
?
Yes I agree you don't see buttons on many fashion plates, although there seem
more on riding habits and more active clothing.?
?
Yes I've used lighter fabric on the facing & tried various weights of ribbon.
Bunching as in gathering isn't the problem, it more how it lies and meets (or
does not) with the bodice, without it being too tight to be comfortable?
?
It is very quiet here these days isn't it ??
?
Mel?
?