You are looking at probably mid to late 1930s. Possibly a transition dress.
May or may not have shoulder pads.
Kind of the style
http://www.antiquedress.com/item4548.htm
http://www.antiquedress.com/item4295.htm
http://tinyurl.com/moabph

This gives styles of the early `30s to give an idea of what I mean by it
possibly being transitional.
http://www.agelesspatterns.com/1930s.htm

Think Faye Wray movies. :)

Then again, the style somewhat repeated in the `80s so maybe it is 1980. :)

De