The easiest way for me is to use a yardstick. Copy the pattern piece,
cut it out and attach to a corner of a newspaper. Measure in cm. then
multiply by 8 or by 4, whichever scale it is. Draw a straight line
from that point on the pattern to where the measure ends, lining it up
with the corner of the paper. Hit the main points, where the pattern
turns, where there is a curve, etc. You will need scotch tape to
fasten on more newspapers. Then I use this pattern to make adjustments
as needed, then use the pattern to cut it out of an old sheet or some
such. I can then baste it together and see if more adjustments are
needed. Do them and use the sheet as a pattern.

--
Aspasia Moonwind